- 4 med. size chicken breast ( washed and pat dry with paper towel)
- Olive oil and S & P
- 8 oz. pre-washed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional- delicious for another layer of flavor)
- Pre-heat to 375º.
- Heat pan to med/high heat and add 3 tbsp olive oil.
- After a few minutes when pan is hot add chicken and saute for 5 minutes til golden and flip.
- Continue to cook for another 8 minutes til golden in color.
- Depending how thick your chicken breast are you can either flip again for an additional 2-3 minutes or place into the oven for approx. 8 minutes.
- OR if u have the white wine on hand flip chicken back over for the last 2-3 min. and pour in 1/2 cup of white wine and cover immediately.
- Let steam for 3 minutes then remove cover to let wine evaporate for the next 3-4 min.
- This addition of wine gives you another layer of amazing flavor and you won’t need to put it into the oven again just cover with foil for a few minutes til you are ready to slice and plate.
Spinach: Place fresh spinach into med. size pan with 2 tbsp water put on med heat and cover for a few minutes. You’ ll start to hear the steam, lift off the top and begin to toss around with tongs or a fork for approx 1 min. til slightly wilted and remove from heat. Put into ice bath to shock spinach (or briefly run cold water on it) It helps to keep vibrant green color til you are ready to plate dishes. Gently squeeze out water and place on paper towel on a dish til u need to plate the dinner. The easiest way to re-heat spinach is put it in a small pan with 1 tbsp of butter on top and warm thru just for 2-3 minute, add salt & pepper (or put into microwave very briefly ….don’t need to cook it ….heating thru only). Then place small mound in the middle of the plate and place sliced up chicken right on top. Drizzle my Green Goddess Sauce recipe around chicken on plate and mangia!